UPDATE: Our Glitter It! Glaze is out of stock, but you can order a 2.25-oz bottle of a very similar product from Dharma Trading Company, and add just the right amount of glitter ($3 per packet), choose your colors below. It comes with complete instructions and tips on how to use it, and ships via cheap first-class mail.
A 2.25-oz bottle works on leather, manmade leather, and fabric shoes and purses and t-shirts and aprons and — you name it! Choose your glitter below from a dazzling choice of colors! One 2.25 oz. bottle will cover at least two pairs of shoes or a medium-to-large handbag. Seal with Sassy Feet Sealer for long lasting sparkle. ALSO WORKS ON FABRIC (no sealer needed) — washer/dryer safe!
Important note: If you are going to apply a color of Glitter It! that is drastically different than the color of the shoes or bag you want to glitter, you need to paint it first in a color similar to your glitter. We call that applying an “undercoat.” For the best choices of undercoat colors for each shade of Glitter It! Glaze, see the list that follows below.
- Glitter It! adds fabulous sparkle, but it works best over similar or slightly darker colors. If your bag or shoes are a very different color from your glitter, paint them first.
Color of Glitter—> Good Color(s) for Undercoat
- Antique Gold—> Use Bright Gold
- Caribbean Blue—> Use Turquoise, Pearl Turquoise. Blue, or Pearl Blue
- Cognac—> Use Metallic Rust or Brown
- Copper—> Use Super Copper. Also okay: Metallic Russet
- Crushed Crystal—> Use Pearl White or White
- Deep Teal—> Use Pearl Blue, Indigo or Blue
- Dusty Lavender—> Use Halo Violet Gold
- Fuchsia—> Use Pearl Magenta or Magenta
- Gleaming Gunmetal—> Use Pewter
- Juicy Watermelon—> Use Pearl Magenta or Magenta
- Moss Green—> Use Metallic Olive, Pearl Emerald or Green
- Pale Gold—> Use True Gold or Brass
- Peridot—> Use Citrine
- Petal Pink—> Use Pearl Magenta or Magenta
- Really Red—> Use Crimson, Red or Fire Red
- Royal Purple—> Use Pearl Violet, Grape or Violet
- Sizzling Orange—> Use Super Copper
- Sparkling Silver—>Use Metallic Silver
- Starlet—> Use Metallic Silver or Black
- Ultramarine—> Use Pearl Blue, Indigo or Blue
- We use ultrafine, opaque polyester glitter, not glass or mica